State of the industry report
The full Higher Education P3 2020 “State of the Industry” report is available for download.
The report highlights Brailsford & Dunlavey’s findings from its third annual survey of higher education P3 transactions. This State of the Industry report focuses on housing and housing-anchored mixed-use projects from B&D’s database of higher education P3 projects that achieved financial close during the study period and were—or will be—built on university or foundation-owned land.
The report offers insights into topics such as:
- Average closing value
- Popular financing structures
- Popular ground lease durations
- Regional trends
- The demographics of schools engaging in P3s
- A five-part exploration of COVID-19’s impact on P3s
Download the full report here: Higher Ed P3 2020 “State of the Industry” report.
MAS Farming Kit
Management Advisory Services
With the potential to quickly become a multimillion-dollar practice for us, and be a key way to help countless clients across the country advance their mission and purpose, we are reintroducing you to MAS.
The new MAS Farming Kit will help you:
- learn about MAS so you can talk more confidently about it with clients, and know how to spot opportunities
- find always-update materials you can share directly with clients
Two Newly Developed Items
MAS Brochure. Learn our value proposition and service offerings, and read 5 case studies
Plain English FAQ. Get direct answers to a dozen+ questions, including “What is MAS?” and “What does the typical MAS engagement involve?”
Updates & Reminders
- No current updates.
I’m sure you are seeing a great deal of news regarding the coronavirus so I’d like to take a moment to update you on B&D’s interest in the topic.
First of all, we are aware of the potential impacts on our employees and business and will continue to monitor developments. Secondly, the problem is still small in the US, but the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) stated recently that “Americans should think about getting ready.” Being the good planners that we are, there are some very basic things we can do immediately to preserve our good health, including:
- Staying home and not coming to work if you do not feel well and not returning to work until you feel better and are symptom-free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines. Please keep your supervisor informed of your status.
- Supervisors sending home any employee who comes to work with visible symptoms.
- Going home immediately if you become ill at work. Please notify your supervisor of your departure.
- Following recommended hygiene and sanitation practices, including:
- Covering your mouth completely when coughing or sneezing.
- Avoiding touching your mouth, eyes, and nose.
- Washing your hands regularly, especially.
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer regularly.
- Wiping commonly-used surfaces (e.g., keyboards, phones, desks, etc.) regularly with disinfecting wipes.
Some people may be concerned about physical contact even in social and business settings (e.g., handshakes) so be prepared to alter customary greeting practices.
Employees who become sick while traveling on business should promptly call a healthcare provider for advice if needed. Please notify your supervisor of your status.
As always, each of us should exercise our own best judgment when deciding how to manage any illness to which we are exposed.
Please let Brittney Bennett in the DC office know if you need disinfecting supplies or tissues.
For more information on the coronavirus, please refer to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s website.
For now, it is business as usual. We will continue to monitor developments and keep you informed of our plans.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
For information and helpful resources regarding COVID-19, please visit the following websites:
UNUM EAP: https://lifebalance.lifeworks.com/
We have made changes with your GoToMeeting/Jive accounts reflecting our new domain name. Your programmanagers email will no longer work to sign into gotomeeting and onjive, you will now sign in using the Bdconnect email. All meetings you organized will be transferred over to your new account.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Check your inbox and junk for an email from Logmein
- Click the “get started” hyperlink in the email and create your password
Please contact Nile Mangrum if you have any questions or concerns email@example.com
- Don’t forget to update your email signatures. Click the following link to access the guide if you need assistance. (How to Change My Email Signature)
- Premium access to The Chronicle of Higher Education has been restored. Please login and/or sign-up with your @bdconnect.com email address.
Have you received your copy of the SAV Guide?
Our framework and SAV concepts are integral to the B&D way of thinking and how we work with clients to advance their communities. This guide introduces the framework and discusses the SAV in great depth.
The framework and SAV concepts are proprietary; this guide is not to be shared outside of B&D.